This year’s 1,000 Acts of Kindness Campaign kick off is going to work a little differently… There will be no dropping in here and there – this year it’s all or nothing!
You either start a Ripple of Kindness by participating in the Ripple Tour of Kindness or you don’t!! Don’t get me wrong. There’s still plenty of opportunities throughout the month of October to do kindness and even – consistent with this year’s theme of A Ripple of Kindness- START a Ripple of Kindness!!
But like I said.. The Kick off is different this year. In the past, it’s been a come one, come all type soiree, with freedom to come and go as you please. This year, it’s come one, come all – but if you come, you’re stuck. Because we’ll be moving. Because we’ll be on a bus!!
YES! This year’s 1,000 Acts of Kindness campaign kick off will be the Ripple Tour of Kindness. A bus full of Kindness-Doers will travel to 5 London locations spreading smiles, kind acts and items of great need to these locations! The Ripple Tour of Kindness will sweep through the City of London in a brush of kindness. This year we’re painting the town Green and White!!
The stops are a surprise!! There are hints here and there but for the most part, I’ve kept it pretty well under wraps, which is a wonderful and surprising accomplishment for me!! All I’ll tell you is our LAST stop of the afternoon will be Canadian Blood Services where Kindness-Doers will be donating much needed blood to our local blood bank! Did you know it takes 5 kind individuals to donate blood to save ONE person?? Let’s save a thousand this month!!
The Ripple Bus Tour will leave LUSO Community Services at 1193 Oxford Street East at 3:00pm and will return to the same location on or before 7:00pm, pending our fantastic adventure’s timeline!!
Thank you LONDON for the opportunity to run another great 1,000 Acts of Kindness Campaign!! Please submit your Acts of Kindness HERE or by emailing email@example.com
All the best for another wonderful campaign!!
Kindness Connects indeed!!
Oct 1st was the kick off for the 1,000 Acts of Kindness Campaign and boy was it ever fun! Students from Eagle Heights P.S were able to come across the street to Cherryhill Village mall and interact with some of the Seniors from Cherryhill Village. Together, they decorated cookies for community service organizations, made cards with love for children at the Children’s Hospital, shared what kindness means to them, and got to make some super cool friends in the process!! Conversation BINGO was the name of the game, and it was definitely enjoyable.
May I draw your attention to a
member of mall management laying
on the ground like a beautiful flower?
A super special thank you to Libro Financial Group’s support, without which we wouldn’t have been able to put on such a fantastic event!! Thank you times a million to Cherryhill Village for hosting us and making the day so smooth.
Together at the event, we tallied over 1100 kind acts – so EVERYBODY deserves a pat on the back!!
Next up: International Day of the Girl on Oct 11th outside Central Library. Come celebrate kindness through inspiration between 1:00 and 4:00pm 🙂
Keep an eye out for other upcoming events and connect with ME!! ME!! at
firstname.lastname@example.org for information about getting involved!
Always be kind,
Come one come all!
It’s bittersweet. I’m not sure how I feel about this.. I guess a part of me always knew 1,000 Acts of Kindness and the month of October wouldn’t last forever. But did it have to go so quickly? Sheesh.
Nevertheless it is drawing to a close and I’m looking forward to the wrap up event – which I like to think of as a celebration of the fantastic and exceptionally kind month that has just passed. London has blown me away and I can’t wait to tell you all about it!! Come out on November 6 at 4:30 to the Citi Plaza Centre Court Atrium.
Enjoy some light refreshments, the company of kind people and some wonderful stories!! If you have something you’d like to share, send me an email at email@example.com and I’d love to include you in the program!!
See lots and lots of you there!
Swing by Central Library here in London on Friday, October 25th and grab a free apple! An Apple a Day day will be in full swing at 2:30 pm until we run out of apples!
I must say this event on October 16th is one of my most anticipated events. After building a super cool BRIGHT GREEN Kindness Chalkboard, I will be setting up outside Whiteoaks Mall and inviting people to draw, colour and express themselves on it! Come check it out!
This event on October 11th speaks for itself! Girls are fantastic. I will be out and about celebrating our London girls on International Day of the Girl. Super fabulous girls at Victoria park will receive an “It’s a Girl!” balloon, as well as a 1,000 Acts of Kindness card inviting them to pass along the kindness! Be kind, stay wonderful!
Check out your local Yoga Studios on October 10th because they MIGHT be offering a FREE yoga hour for World Mental Health Day and 1,000 Acts of Kindness! Go out, get your relaxation on, and think of the kindness of others while you stretch, balance and breathe your way to complete bliss and serenity.
Come out and BE the picture of kindness at Central Library’s Teen Annex. Sign a consent and get your picture taken!! This event is about celebrating YOU!
Help us kick off our 1,000 Acts of Kindness Campaign with a super fun Free-to-the-Community Kindness Fun Fair!! Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 from 5:30-7:00 at Knollwood Park Public School. Food, games and face paint!! Make a card for someone at the Children’s hospital and share your kindness!!
Check out this super cool calender of events PLUS information about them. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to have your events added or to collaborate on an existing event!
Kick off Event! Kindness Fun Fair
Knollwood Park Public School
Be the Picture of Kindness
Central Library Teen Annex 3-5pm
Bake for Kindness!
Yoga for World Mental Health Day
St Jude’s Church 7-8pm
Downtown Yoga Holistic Centre 12-1, 3-4, 5:30-6:30
International Day of the Girl
“It’s a Girl!” Balloon Giveaway
Colour of Kindness Chalkboard # 1
White Oaks Mall
Feed the Flame of Kindness
An Apple a Day Day @ Central Library
Colour of Kindness Chalkboard #3
Keep our Community Warm!
Month Long Drive @ LUSO
- Kindness Fun Fair! Free-to-the-community, this event will feature food and games, face paint and a reptile petting zoo for FREE in exchange for kindness!! Knollwood Park Public School – 70 Gammage st, London. (October 1st).
- Everyone is invited to come get their picture taken using our fantastic LUSO Frames at Central Library. Sign a consent form and be the picture of kindness this month for the 1,000 Acts of Kindness Campaign (October 2).
- Bake for kindness! Hold a bake sale at your school, place of worship, or workplace and donate the proceeds to the Challenge to help support the material costs of printing posters, printing start-up packages, sending out start-up packages, and purchasing items for our kindness campaign – clothing, non-perishable food items, diapers, baby food, etc. (October 4).
- Appreciate your fellow community members! Collect thank you cards (store-bought or handmade!) and donate them to our Appreciation Day! We will hold a thank you card writing campaign and deliver notes of gratitude and appreciation throughout the city on Appreciation Day (October 9)
- Get your relaxation on for Yoga Hour on World Mental Health Day as there will be free yoga all over the city! Check www.1000acts.ca for details! (October 10)
- Spread love for our girls in London! On International Day of the Girl, you may be one of the lucky girls in London to receive an “It’s a Girl!” balloon (October 11).
- Keep an eye out for our Colour of Kindness Chalkboards that will come up 3 times this month at surprise locations! Passersby will have the opportunity to share kind thoughts and words on our colourful chalkboards (October 8, 14, 30).
- Buy someone in need a free lunch! With your generous donation of gift/cash cards for local restaurants that sell pizza, burgers, or sub sandwiches, we will purchase lunch for people using local shelter facilities, people who live in subsidizing housing complexes, and others in need of a surprise lunch treat on There IS Such Thing as a Free Lunch Day! (October 16)
- The one flame we don’t want these guys to put out is the Flame of Kindness! Express your thanks to London’s amazing Fire Fighters! Send them some cookies, flowers or a thank you note! (October 22)
- Give your neighbour, teacher, friend, sister or brother an apple on “An Apple a Day” day! Nothing says “You’re great!” Like a crunchy, delicious, healthy snack! (October 25)
- Help us support children in need! Organize a diaper, baby formula, and baby food drive so that we can deliver these much-needed resources to local organizations that offer emergency support for families on Baby Day (October 28).
- Keep our community warm! Organize a cozy clothing drive and collect new mittens, hats, scarves, gloves, and socks that we will distribute to people in need on Keep our Community Warm Day (October 31)