Check out this super cool calender of events PLUS information about them. E-mail email@example.com to have your events added or to collaborate on an existing event!
Kick off Event! Kindness Fun Fair
Knollwood Park Public School
Be the Picture of Kindness
Central Library Teen Annex 3-5pm
Bake for Kindness!
Yoga for World Mental Health Day
St Jude’s Church 7-8pm
Downtown Yoga Holistic Centre 12-1, 3-4, 5:30-6:30
International Day of the Girl
“It’s a Girl!” Balloon Giveaway
Colour of Kindness Chalkboard # 1
White Oaks Mall
Feed the Flame of Kindness
An Apple a Day Day @ Central Library
Colour of Kindness Chalkboard #3
Keep our Community Warm!
Month Long Drive @ LUSO
- Kindness Fun Fair! Free-to-the-community, this event will feature food and games, face paint and a reptile petting zoo for FREE in exchange for kindness!! Knollwood Park Public School – 70 Gammage st, London. (October 1st).
- Everyone is invited to come get their picture taken using our fantastic LUSO Frames at Central Library. Sign a consent form and be the picture of kindness this month for the 1,000 Acts of Kindness Campaign (October 2).
- Bake for kindness! Hold a bake sale at your school, place of worship, or workplace and donate the proceeds to the Challenge to help support the material costs of printing posters, printing start-up packages, sending out start-up packages, and purchasing items for our kindness campaign – clothing, non-perishable food items, diapers, baby food, etc. (October 4).
- Appreciate your fellow community members! Collect thank you cards (store-bought or handmade!) and donate them to our Appreciation Day! We will hold a thank you card writing campaign and deliver notes of gratitude and appreciation throughout the city on Appreciation Day (October 9)
- Get your relaxation on for Yoga Hour on World Mental Health Day as there will be free yoga all over the city! Check www.1000acts.ca for details! (October 10)
- Spread love for our girls in London! On International Day of the Girl, you may be one of the lucky girls in London to receive an “It’s a Girl!” balloon (October 11).
- Keep an eye out for our Colour of Kindness Chalkboards that will come up 3 times this month at surprise locations! Passersby will have the opportunity to share kind thoughts and words on our colourful chalkboards (October 8, 14, 30).
- Buy someone in need a free lunch! With your generous donation of gift/cash cards for local restaurants that sell pizza, burgers, or sub sandwiches, we will purchase lunch for people using local shelter facilities, people who live in subsidizing housing complexes, and others in need of a surprise lunch treat on There IS Such Thing as a Free Lunch Day! (October 16)
- The one flame we don’t want these guys to put out is the Flame of Kindness! Express your thanks to London’s amazing Fire Fighters! Send them some cookies, flowers or a thank you note! (October 22)
- Give your neighbour, teacher, friend, sister or brother an apple on “An Apple a Day” day! Nothing says “You’re great!” Like a crunchy, delicious, healthy snack! (October 25)
- Help us support children in need! Organize a diaper, baby formula, and baby food drive so that we can deliver these much-needed resources to local organizations that offer emergency support for families on Baby Day (October 28).
- Keep our community warm! Organize a cozy clothing drive and collect new mittens, hats, scarves, gloves, and socks that we will distribute to people in need on Keep our Community Warm Day (October 31)